Five Minute Friday: Follow

1:28 PM

Photo Attribution: Katie Kowalsky


Follow me as I follow Christ, these words echo in my heart and mind.  They are riveting to me.  I am not sure I want to declare these words.   Implications of this are scary to me.  What if I don’t keep in step with the Holy Spirit?  What if I screw this all up?  What if I forget to rely on Him and rely on my own knowledge?

I think of how brave Paul must have been and how much knowledge he had to have had to be so confident.  I am challenged and spurred by these words to know him more.  To follow after His heart.   I am confronted with a harsh reality that if I am to follow after his heart I must forget the beating of my own heart.  The desires housed by my selfish nature, and seek after His kingdom.  I need to change my thinking, my prayers, and this will change my actions.  I am left with no choice if this is the following I want to pursue one of whole dedication, commitment, and honor then I must commit to change. 


I must follow his way, his leading and not that of my own.  I must ask Him what He purposes for my life instead of relentlessly pursuing what I want with my life.  Changing my desire to reflect His.  Follow him wholeheartedly earnestly.  Seek His face, your face Lord I will seek.  Follow hard after Him.

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I love all the different "follows" the bloggers took! I love the FMF community!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to browsing them tomorrow during nap! I have some catch up to do! :)

      Delete
  2. I totally get that-- feeling afraid to "be an example" for someone else to follow... yes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES so afraid. I just feel like such a mess some days ha ha lol.

      Delete
  3. Laura, this post reminds me of how I felt as I was discerning whether God was leading me to seminary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our speaker in youth spoke on the will of God tonight and following the leading of the Holy Spirit it was spot on to what I have been feeling.

      Delete
  4. Great post. I love hearing your heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalie thanks you are such a sweetheart!

      Delete

Triggers Book

31 Days of Writing 2015

31 Days of Writing 2015
A Journey of a Wandering Heart

31 Days of Writing 2014

Five Minute Fridays