Plans Change - He however is ALWAYS the Same

11:50 AM



What's the plan! I asks husband this question a lot. I love a game plan. Where are we going? Who's going to be there? What do I need to bring? Is there going to be this or that there? What should I pack? Did you call so and so?

The word plan and I have a love hate relationship as it also brings about certain uncertainty into my life.  I like being in the know.  Not the kind of know where you run around scouring for other's details of gossip just the "know" of what the future holds.  

The Lord is graciously teaching me it's ok not to know. While I hurry around making plans, to do list, and trying my hardest to orchestrate every little detail with careful thought, He reminds me, "Am I not the One who holds the moon and knows each star by name. Yes, my child you make a plan but trust me to order your steps.  While you may not know the plan I have in full detail, you know me and that is enough." 


You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Laura, this would have made a great Five Minute Friday post last week! His plan is always best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan that is what I originally wrote this piece for but then we left to take our students on a spring break retreat and I am just now catching up from being out of town. I thought it was to good not to post, it really spoke to me and thought others could benefit from it as well. I am ready for this week's Five Minute Friday! I am so glad I found this link up!

      Delete
  2. hi! You are my kindred spirit. I always want to know. And to teach me, the Lord gave me the word WAIT for my One word 365. HA! That is so not jiving with my need to plan. Thanks for sharing your words!! Popping over from FMF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I completely understand there is so much more I wanted to say on this prompt but my timer went off, I guess I will just have to wait until another time to expound.

      Delete
  3. I am a big time planner and I think the Lord is working on the same lesson with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalie my need to plan could be compared to my need for coffee! ha ha lol

      Delete
  4. Anna Marie ALWAYS has to know what the "plan" is - especially when it comes to mealtime! My fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants tactic doesn't work so well with her! I pray she learns to trust God with the unknown a little better than she trusts her mother :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand, I have had to learn to be flexible and enjoy the excitement the unknown often brings with it in my life!

      Delete

Triggers Book

31 Days of Writing 2015

31 Days of Writing 2015
A Journey of a Wandering Heart

31 Days of Writing 2014

Five Minute Fridays