Five Minute Friday: Break

9:49 AM

Break




Can't catch a break!  Seems as though these days this is what we live for a break.  A break from stress,  a break in tension, a break from overload, a break through a high up connection.  If I could just catch a break then __________.  (Fill in the blank) The truth is we need to break.  

Lysa Terkeurst says it well, "A woman who lives with the stress of an overwhelmed schedule will often ache with the sadness of an underwhelmed soul."

We need to put the breaks on and say, "No to fear, self reliance, other's connections, comparison, stress, overwhelming schedules," and say, "Yes to Him, to HIS ways." 

I am convinced that when the things of this world and our heavy hearts break us it's because we are carrying loads never meant for us to carry.  We are anxiously striving and never arriving.  

I want to say, "Yes to His yoke and His burden for they are light.  His yoke ever so strong, He relieves the heaviness pushing us down.  His yoke will never break our spirit but lift our spirits up into His goodness and plan.  

My hard head and stoney heart sometimes needs Him to let me break so He can crush me and re mold me.  He is the potter I am the clay.  

Lord the break we need only comes from the grace you leave on us.  May we break under the weight of your glory and not the cares of this world.  When you grace us with your presence we realize you are the break we need.  When we don't know what the next step is let us always remember. You are, and You are always enough. I'm putting on the breaks to allow your glory to break like the sun behind a cloudy day in my life.  Holy Spirit break in my life and shine upon me. 


You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. What a beautiful, uplifting post! And you're so right! Saying no to things--both in our schedules and in our thoughts--is a great way to give ourselves a break. Amen to your prayer.

    Thank you for the time out and the reminder to really look at the loads I'm carrying. It's always good to evaluate if I'm carrying more than I'm meant to.

    I'm your neighbor over at FMF. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you stopped by! Thank you, yes I have to evaluate on a weekly sometimes daily basis. We can overwhelm ourselves in the blink of an eye. I am guilty of walking into my prayer time, laying things down, and then pick them right back up when I leave. Praying for you today, that the only thing that overwhelms you is His goodness, and kindness!

      FMF
      LOVE

      Delete
  2. It's no fun being the clay, or the head-headed, cold-hearted vessel in need of breaking. But I've discovered that the times I've been broken are the times Jesus repairs and restores me beyond what I ever could have imagined.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen... there is such beauty when we allow Him to break us... to undo us... to overwhelm us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am learning to love being undone, motherhood as taught me so much about being comfortable with being undone and not having it perfectly together. 😂

      Delete
  4. Sorry if you get this from my twice. Thought I had commented already but It seems to have disappeared. Great uplifting post! I've not read Lysa's quote before. Love her words!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! I am enjoying her book, The Best Yes. This is where I found this particular quote! Rocked my world! 😊❤️👏

      Delete
  5. So close to what has been on my heart too. I fall into the trap of trying to live out of my own strength so quickly and easily. Seeking to learn His rhythm for my life. Thanks for your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome, yes etched on the chalkboard his truth lies, our job is to trust, acknowledge Him and His job is to direct our paths! proverbs 3:5-6

      Delete
  6. Ah yes so true, we carry the loads not meant for us, great point Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a good post! Maybe my fav five minute post ever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe Wendy thank you that means a lot! I so appreciate you taking time to stop in and show some love, I am glad it encouraged you! I lived your post for Allume the other day as well!!! 😂👏❤️😊

    ReplyDelete

Triggers Book

31 Days of Writing 2015

31 Days of Writing 2015
A Journey of a Wandering Heart

31 Days of Writing 2014

Five Minute Fridays