What the Energizer Bunny Didn't Know

6:58 PM

Ever feel like the energizer bunny?
It keeps going, and going, and going! 

And then he STOPS, life around him however does NOT. 

The demands of life NEVER stop. There is always someone calling your name, something begging for your attention, and our hearts rage, pleading for calm, quiet, rest, sanity. 

Our next story of STRENGTH comes from a woman who knows the name of the game all to well.  Pull up a chair and get ready to let your hair down, relax and know you are in good company.  She can relate, and knows how life can be draining.

She is mommy, wife, guardian, sister, aunt, teacher, pastor’s wife, children's director, nursery coordinator, and friend.  Amanda has ALWAYS had a contagious smile, I often wondered how she was able to smile and face life with bravery and strength…. 

Join me as she tells all.



 “Being a woman can be tough when everyone expects the best out of you. You can only give 100% so many times before you start to feel worn down, exhausted and discouraged. I've had to learn to lean on The Lord in all things. Encourage yourself in Lord, find strength in his presence and rest In Him.” (Amanda Robbins)

I love how SIMPLE she makes finding STRENGTH.  Strength for her, for you, for me is not found in another class at the gym, Bible study, phone call, email, book club, meeting, STRENGTH, the kind of raw, sweaty, nasty, strength we need to face the difficulties of life is found through Christ.




"She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future."
Proverbs 31:25


Encouragement. His presence. Rest.

Maybe you are like David, are exhausted, drained, and have even questioned the Lord.

“How much longer?”, “I can’t handle anymore.”. “Have you forgotten me?” “Could you please come out of hiding?”, “I am drowning in sorrow.”, “I can’t eat, sleep.” (Psalm 13)



“But I have TRUSTED in your steadfast love; my heart shall REJOICE in your salvation.  I will SING to the Lord because He has dealt bountifully with me.” (Psalm 13:5-6)


 In a moment of loneliness, feeling forgotten, completely depleted David ENCOURAGES himself in the LORD.   He reminds himself of the Lord’s steadfast love, ceases to complain and begins to REJOICE in the salvation of the Lord, and speaks Truth over His life.  Our emotions can spiral out of control if we allow them weakening our hearts.  We must take control of our emotions and hearts and encourage ourselves, remind ourselves of His goodness even in the most draining days, moments, and seasons of life.


 “You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.” (Psalm 16:11)

This one is HUGE to finding strength, enter into His presence, CRAWL if you have to, muster up every ounce of strength you do have to get there, phone a friend to come get you and drive you to church, change the music you are listening to……

GET INTO HIS PRESENCE. YOUR. LIFE. DEPENDS ON IT!  In His presence is EVERYTHING we need in order to weather the storms of life.

 “The LORD replied, "I will personally go with you, Moses, and I will give you rest--everything will be fine for you." (Exodus 33:14)


"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28)

REST in HIM.  Rest in His promise.  Trust the process.  Trust His Word.  Trust His Ways.  Trust His plan.  REST.  Quit striving, trying to figure everything out.  Don’t worry about tomorrow, don’t allow the cares of this world to choke out the Word of the Lord for your life.



Take a deep breath, say NO to fear, doubt, stress, striving, and just be.  JUST BE.  Turn the T.V. off, put down the phone, silence the noise in your life, remove distractions and say YES to REST, peace, tranquility, and quiet your soul.  Allow Him to lead you behind still waters and restore your soul. 


Encouragement.     His presence.       Rest.

PHOTO ATTRIBUTION: Katie Kowalski 








You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I feel like the energizer bunny every single day. Thanks for the reminder to lean on Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I feel that way all the time! I was so encouraged writing this one sharing my friend's encouragement to stop and find make time for HIM his presence and Rest.

      Delete

Triggers Book

31 Days of Writing 2015

31 Days of Writing 2015
A Journey of a Wandering Heart

31 Days of Writing 2014

Five Minute Fridays