Surrounded by Clouds - Part 1

11:13 AM


Hebrews 12: 1-2

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles.  And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. 

I am playing catch up on the blog today with the write 31 days challenge.  The next few post will be more like short little S.O.A.P’s.  I learned about this way to spend my quiet time a while back.  If you are like me sometimes I just don’t know where to start. If you are not familiar with how S.O.A.P. works it is quite simple.

S. Scripture
O. Observation
A. Application
P. Prayer

Simple, right? And we are off!!

Observation
We are surrounded. 
Throw off Everything that hinders and the sin that entangles.  
Run with perseverance.  
Fix My Eyes on Jesus. 

Application
I love knowing that even in the loneliest of times, we are surrounded.  I have this comfort I am never alone first because Jesus will never leave me or forsake me, and secondly because I am surrounded by those who have gone ahead of me on this race. 

Everything contrary to the Word of God hinders me.  I am not exempt from sin and sin entangles even the mature Christian. 

There is a race marked out for me and me alone.  I am not to casually jog this race but I am to stay the course and run with stamina and perseverance.  When I feel like quitting, throwing in the towel, I am to run hard after HIM. 

Focus is important, but not as important as what we focus on.  We are to FIX our eyes on JESUS.  I find that when I run, I usually have a fixation point something that pushes me to keep going, a light pole, stop sign, a person in front of me, my focus is different at different times.  However, our spiritual focus must ALWAYS be HIM.  

Prayer
Father, I know at times I feel as though I am alone, this is not truth.  Your word says that I am never alone you are the God who walks with us.  You go beyond that and surround us with hero of the faith that have gone before us.  You have left us examples and a legacy to follow.  Holy Spirit search me and reveal to me the hidden places where there is sin that entangles me.  Give me strength to over come everything that hinders me even myself.  You have overcome the world and give me the same name OVERCOMER.  As I commit to run with perseverance I thank you that I can rely on your word and promise that I shall run and not grow weary.  I like you will fix my eyes on the JOY set before me and that is YOU.  I Know full well you will perfect my faith.  You have already pioneered the way. Lead me and I will follow you all the days of my life. 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Triggers Book

31 Days of Writing 2015

31 Days of Writing 2015
A Journey of a Wandering Heart

31 Days of Writing 2014

Five Minute Fridays