God's Glory Pursues Me

7:57 PM



Photo Credit: picjumbo.com


God’s glory protects me and God’s glory pursues me.  Interestingly, enough I looked up the definition of pursuit and pursuit means, “an activity that one engages in as a vocation, profession, or avocation.”  The thought of Christ’s pursuit for me as HIS profession is astounding to me.  The King of Glory, who rules with justice, left HIS heavenly position to pursue me.  He made me, you the object of HIS affection and purpose in life.

Photo Credit: picjumbo.com
We are the reason he CHOSE to leave heaven and come into the world and love us with a relentless love.  Relentless: continuing without becoming weaker.  Even when His pursuit led Him to make a choice between obeying the father or letting the cup of death pass, he humbly chose to accept the cup of death. He did not grow weak in HIS love he grew stronger.  I know this because at any point in his thirty-three years he could have backed out and returned to His throne.  When tempted by the enemy he did not waiver, he held tight to the purpose for which he left heaven, YOU.  While dying a torturous death on a cross, he was silent and loved us with relentless love.  Though he was weak while hanging on the cross, His love was growing stronger by the second. Staying on the cross in the face of mockery took more strength, than calling angels and returning to heaven. 

One of the definitions for love in the Webster’s is, a strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties.  Christ loves us.  He has personal ties to us. God’s glory pursues us simply because He LOVES us.  “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:8)

Photo credit: picjumbo.com
Yes you, the one who like me has sinned against him.  The one, like myself that has held anger, resentment, 
un-forgiveness, worry, doubt, even hate in my heart.  The one who has wandered away into the ways of the world looking for love and acceptance in all the wrong arms.  He loves you. He loves me.

He pursues us because it is HIS profession.  He will NEVER stop pursuing you.  He pursued me through pastors in my life, through family in my life, through His word in my life, through friends in my life, and He continues to pursue me with His spirit in my life.

Photo credit: picjumbo.com
You may be like me and not realize this is what is taking place in your life, but with every kind word spoken, every voice of reason, act of service, with every dream fulfilled, every tender touch from your child, every sunrise, every cup of coffee, smile from a stranger, He pursues us.  Every good and perfect gift is from Him. So see he is pursuing you everyday you awake.  He pursues us through the majestic mountains, and overwhelming beauty of his creation.  With the sound of waves crashing against the sand, the chirping of birds, the wind in your hair these are all ways he reveals His glory and love to you and I.  He pursues us with HIS life and why does he pursue us, because HE loves us.  He has personal ties with us.  We are HIS and He will let nothing and no one even the enemy of our soul steal us away from Him.

I am curious to know how are some of the ways He has pursued you? 

 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Triggers Book

31 Days of Writing 2015

31 Days of Writing 2015
A Journey of a Wandering Heart

31 Days of Writing 2014

Five Minute Fridays