HE is JOY and HE is here "TUESDAY"

8:49 AM

“I’ve got the joy, joy, joy, joy, Down in my heart (where?), Down in my heart (where?), Down in my heart”.  I can remember singing this children’s song at the top of my lungs, as loud as I possibly could. For the longest time I always thought the song said, “Down in my heart to stay Tuesday.”




Tuesday, yes today is Tuesday, and I have the JOY down in my heart.  Unlike when I was a child however, I can have JOY; YOU can have JOY everyday, not just on Tuesday.  HE is here TO STAY!

HE is JOY and HE IS here TO STAY!!!  Sing it loud; sing it proud HE is our JOY.  He is in our hearts, and HE has redeemed us! I know, I know, easier said than done right?  Life is hard, life is unfair, and even heart wrenching.  BUT. He. Is. Joy.  Seek and you will find. Perhaps HE IS playing a little hide and seek with you this week, day, month. 


Maybe you are having a hard time allowing JOY to explode from your heart.  I have been there; right there, right where you are.  He. Is. Joy. 

Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all JOY and PEACE, as you TRUST in him, so that you may OVERFLOW with HOPE by the power of the Holy Spirit.

John 16:22
So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.



Friend, I know your pain, I know your loneliness, and I know your anger.  I know HE is faithful.  Life comes and goes in seasons, some more beautiful and exquisite than other seasons.  I have found, when you seek you will find.  You will find strength in desperately hopeless seasons. 

Trust HIM, and by the power of the HOLY SPIRIT, he will strengthen you, fill you with overflowing hope, develop character and perseverance in you.  He does all of this to ensure we will have the endurance we need to run the race set before us.  So that when He returns NO ONE WILL TAKE AWAY YOUR JOY.  If you are facing the hard times and maybe only have JOY on TUESDAY, I encourage you to open your eyes and heart to His overflowing JOY that is HERE TO STAY. HE IS and HE IS HERE TO STAY.  Seek and you will find.




I am currently walking through a hard season of death, oh but the JOY HE has brought me this last week as been overflowing. I have found HIM in the hugs of my family, smiles of my children, conversations with my brother, watching my husband play with my son at the park, seeing my little sister fulfilled in her purpose, a freshly sharpened bouquet of pencils awaiting me when I returned home from an emotional trip of good-byes and the list continues.  Seek and you will find. HE. IS. JOY. And HE is HERE. TO. STAY. Not only on this Tuesday, but EVERYDAY!  








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Triggers Book

31 Days of Writing 2015

31 Days of Writing 2015
A Journey of a Wandering Heart

31 Days of Writing 2014

Five Minute Fridays