Flesh Falling, Spirit Calling

8:06 PM

Hungry, I come to you
For I know You satisfy
I am empty, but I know
Your love does not run dry

So I wait for you
So I wait for You
I’m falling on my knees
Offering all of me
Jesus, You’re all this heart is living for

Broken, I run to You
For Your arms are open wide
I am weary, but I know
Your touch restores my life

So I wait for you
So I wait for You
I’m falling on my knees
Offering all of me
Jesus, You’re all this heart is living for


This is one of my favorite songs to this day.  If you have never heard it PLEASE go download it from iTunes.  https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/hungry/id7018947?i=7018904  There are a lot of reasons I love this song.  The first reason of many is the memories from my youth it brings back.  I close my eyes and can feel the passion and desire I had for my first love years ago.  I desired HIM more than anything.  Second it was the first song I could play on the piano.  Very choppy but so sincere and pure.  I can't get this song out of my spirit and I have to believe it is because He wants to renew a pure and sincere desire in my heart for my FIRST love.

My prayer for you today and for myself is that you would allow your flesh to fall to its knees, and your spirit to call to HIM.  He desires you, all of you.  He promises that if we draw close to Him, he will draw close to us.  Offer all you have to Him.  He was all I was living for in those days.  Now, today I find myself living for so many other things.  Approval from others, my children, my own selfish desires and motives, football games, friends and the list goes on.  

Oh how I am in need of a Savior today just like yesterday.  My righteousness is like filthy rags in light of His righteousness.  My flesh is a fallen state, but my spirit, HIS spirit it is calling.  He calls to me and I must return to the days of my first love.  I cannot resist His voice, love, kindness, and unending grace.  

Will you come with me tonight to the throne room? Even if it is just for a few moments, He is there waiting and you will not be disappointed.

I love this picture! It is my husband carrying our youngest.  It reminds me so much of how the Father picks me up and carries me.  See I have this tendency in my fallen state that when I fall short, miss the mark, (which is very often), I want to run away from my Abba.  I feel as though I need to "punish" myself, put myself in "timeout".  The problem with this is that it leaves me guilt ridden in sin and shame.  I hide from Him and try to "act better" then come into His presence.  But His spirit calls to me and reasons with me, He desires to reconcile me unto Himself.  He took my punishment.  He loves you, me, the wicked and wretched.  Come let us run to Him and hide in Him.  We are hidden in Christ Jesus. 

He covers us, hides us, with His love and forgiveness.  His Redemption draws near.  He makes us anew.  We are His and forever will be His.  Come hear the call and answer.  Let your fallen self, lie on the altar of grace and be made new.  

Father,
You alone are our heart's desire.  Renew our love.  Speak to our spirit.  May we hear you louder than ever before.  We repent and turn from our wicked ways and ask for your forgiveness.  Thank you for taking on our punishment and extending grace to us.  May we forever bring glory to your name.  You are worthy of all praise.  

Amen

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Triggers Book

31 Days of Writing 2015

31 Days of Writing 2015
A Journey of a Wandering Heart

31 Days of Writing 2014

Five Minute Fridays