Surrounded By Clouds - Part 2

11:13 AM

Hebrews 12: 2-3

For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

Observation/Application
He pioneers, and perfects my faith.  

I did not start this thing called a relationship with Jesus, HE did, HE PURSUED me!  I don’t have to be perfect, He loves me.  He will perfect me, correct me, and continue to do this work in me until the end.  He doesn’t half heartedly create new hearts.  He is faithful what He started in me He will complete.

Joy set before him he endured.  

We were HIS joy.  The opportunity to  provide salvation to our dark hearts was a joy and enabled HIM To endure.  We are to focus on HIM because HE is our JOY.  HE will enable us to endure.

Scorning its shame, HE was seated at the right hand.  

When persecuted and clothed in our guilt, shame, and sin He with His perfect sacrifice paid the price.  He scorned the shame.  HE Conquered death, hell, and the grave. Defeated the enemy of our souls and sat down at the right hand of the Father.

Consider HIM and do not loose heart.  

When feelings try to rule our hearts and minds we are to consider HIM.  Re-adjusting our hearts and minds on HIM.  Our hearts are wicked and will deceive us.  We can’t always trust our feelings, we must trust our faith in HIM.

Prayer
With a heart of thanksgiving I approach your throne.  Than you for considering me your joy, thank you for pioneering the way leaving your throne coming to earth to live perfectly trade your life for mine.  Thank you for loving me while I was still a sinner.  Thank you for scorning its shame and conquering death, hell, and the grave.  Thank you for empowering me through your precious Holy Spirit so that I can sit with you in heavenly places.  Thank you for destroying the grip of sin off of my life.  Thank you for healing me, redeeming me, restoring me.  Thank you for running your race marked out before you and not loosing heart.  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Triggers Book

31 Days of Writing 2015

31 Days of Writing 2015
A Journey of a Wandering Heart

31 Days of Writing 2014

Five Minute Fridays